Online Ground School will help you ace your Private Pilot test and checkride. FlightInsight courses evolved from university Aerospace programs, so your training will be comprehensive.
Read the Course Syllabus and preview what's in store for you. By the end of this course, you'll have all the knowledge needed to excel in the cockpit as a private pilot.
Pilots who are new, seasoned, or have a bit of rust can all benefit from training with FlightInsight. The in-depth materials ensure you'll ace your tests and become a smarter, safer pilot.
When you enroll in this course, you will:
- have access to over 18 hours of lecture video, accompanied by over 800 illustrations, videos and tutorials - the same material taught at in-person university Aerospace classes
- be able to follow along with your own online materials as the course guides you step by step through tasks such as planning a long flight and calculating aircraft performance
- complete end-of-lecture quizzes modeled on real questions from the FAA Knowledge Test
- prepare for the Knowledge Test by getting deep insights on 25 of the most challenging questions on the Test, and
- receive the required endorsement to take the FAA Knowledge Test upon completion of the course.
Studying with FlightInsight, you'll join university students, aviation professionals, and hundreds of students like you who have become great pilots, all for less than the cost of one flight lesson!
Dan George is a Certified Flight Instructor based at Freeway and College Park Airports in Maryland. He has accumulated over 3,000 flight hours, mostly through instructing students. He has guided dozens of pilots through the challenging process of attaining their Private or advanced ratings. Dan serves as an Adjunct Professor at the University of Maryland, teaching Aviation in the Aerospace Engineering Department. He is an instrument rated Commercial Pilot with Single and Multiengine Land ratings, and is an FAA Gold Seal Flight Instructor and Instrument Instructor.
Email Dan at [email protected]
- Aerodynamics - How does the airplane fly?
- Airplane and Systems - How does the airplane work?
- Flight Environment - Where does the airplane fly?
- Air Traffic Control - How do aircraft communicate in flight?
- Airplane Performance - What affects the aircraft's flight capabilities?
- Regulations - What are the rules of the sky?
- Weather Part 1 - How does moving air bring changes in weather?
- Weather Part 2 - How does changing weather affect flight?
- Sources of Flight Information - Where is weather and flight information obtained from?
- Navigation - How do aircraft find their way around in flight?
- Navigation Planning - How is a flight route planned?
- Human Factors - How does the pilot behave in flight?
- Plan a Cross Country Flight - College Park, MD to Hagerstown, MD
- FAA Knowledge Exam Preparation - 25 challenging knowledge test questions